YAMAS is an ancient sanskrit term for “restraints or specific life codes of conduct to enhance quality of life.”
At Flying Yogis, YAMAS is our “Yoga And Mindfulness At Schools” initiative that combine awareness and recognition of the mind with the physical vitality of the body through movement and yoga.
The course teaches transferable skills for all ages and stages of life, Creating a common language throughout the school shared by staff, students, and taken home to families and communities.
Stress Management Tools
PHYSICAL SKILLS & TOOLS
Strength and Stretching
Agility, Coordination, Mobility
Team Games / Team Building Skills
Our program re-establishes the disconnect between the body and the mind. Physical and mental health are much more connected than many people realize.
Programs like ours focus on similar Social skills but neglect the connection between the body and mind that enables meaningful learning and change in behaviour. All of our activities, tools and challenges connect both physical and emotional learning to provide a hands-on experiential approach that is more meaningful to children.
Our 10+ years experience in teaching children’s yoga brings all of these benefits to every session:
* Yoga naturally produces serotonin, (the happy chemical) that contributes to feelings of wellbeing and happiness. This natural mood stabiliser and has been associated with helping regulate anxiety and stress.
* Regular yoga practice teaches deep focus and mindful breathing, two important elements helping improve mental health
* Kids can better focus on the present, clear their mind and strengthen the mind-body connection.
* Mental endurance and physical stamina are tested through holding postures through extended breaths. This increases endurance, strength and flexibility.
* It helps modulate the stress response, reducing heart rate, lowering blood pressure and easing respiration.